Over the weekend Birkenhead skippers contended with rain showers, sleet, snow, gusting winds and a general battle of the elements in the first IOM Ranking Races of the season. Results show that a long winter series of close racing has kept our members at the top end of the fleet and we look forward to the next Ranking weekend at Castle Semple, Scotland on the 5th and 6th of May.
Tomorrow is the first club Marblehead race of the year.
This weekend is the first IOM Ranking Race of the year with Birkenhead members looking to perform strongly against a world class field. Follow the weekend’s results on the Midlands District Website.
A reminder that the following Saturday 10/3/12 is our lake clean up day from 10am.
A notice to all members and visitors that we are hosting Round 5 of the Northern District Winter Series on Sunday 26th February.
Racing starts at 10.00am sharp, no race shall start after 3.30pm.
Hotpot lunch included with your £3.50 entry fee.
To register email Brad Gibson by 8.00pm on Friday 24th February with your:
– Sail number
– MYA Number
– Radio frequency
*UPDATE Friday PM*
We are now looking very likely to go to two fleets with any more last minute entries. Please get them to us before 8pm if you wish to sail and help make life easier for our catering ladies.
1. 42, Brad Gibson, Birkenhead, 2.4GHz
2. 62, Victoria McNulty, Birkenhead, 2.4GHz
3. 09, Graham Elliott, Birkenhead, 2.4GHz
4. 74, John Fozard, Ashton Quays, 2.4GHz
5. 98, Darin Ballington, Manor Park, 2.4GHz
6. 51, John Tushingham, Keighley
7. 108, Liz Tushingham, Keighley
8. 54, Roy Stevens, Tri-Services, 40.985
9. 94, Ernie Rice, Birkenhead, 2.4GHz
10. 277, Mick Chamberlain, Rotherham, 2.4 GHz
11. 22, Martin Roberts, Birkenhead, 2.4GHz
12. 101, Damian Ackroyd, Leeds & Bradford, 40.865
13. 83, Ken Binks, Eastbourne & DMYC, 2.4GHz
14. 71, Graham Marsh, Ashton Quays, 40.925
15. 61, John Sharman, Keighley, 2.4GHz
16. 21, Bill Culshaw, Birkenhead, 2.4GHz
17. 11, Dave Stewart, Ashton Quays, 2.4GHz
18. 75, Tony Edwards, Leicestershire, 40.855
19. 25, Rob Walsh, Fleetwood, 2.4GHz
Racing as scheduled.
The lake was inspected this evening with no sign of any ice. We plan to run Race 7 tomorrow as per the calendar.
We will take a look at the lake on Friday and post a decision on whether the lake will be sailable or not on Saturday. Please look back for an update Friday PM.
If the lake is frozen the Race will be re-scheduled to the following Saturday, 18th February.
Attention IOM Skippers,
The IOMICA AGM will begin on November 20th, and all IOM skippers are required to vote before this date.
The agenda, with details of the resolutions, can be found on the IOMICA website HERE.
The voting form can be downloaded HERE.