Well, if we had started one hour earlier we would of all been soaked and sailing in C rig, as it was, we started on time at 12 midday with a medium top suit breeze and no rain all afternoon.
8 RG65 boats entered the race which is a decent turnout, unfortunately we lost Charles Legg and Dave Williams for the last 3 races with gear failure.
7 races completed before tea break with all skippers using there full height, full area A rigs. After the break the wind piped up a little, especially the gusts and everyone either changed down a rig to reduced height but still full area swing or conventional rig. Another 5 races after break gave us a total of 12 races for the day, racing was hotly contested with no one skipper really dominating and not much separating the top 3 positions.
Race winners were, Graham Elliott (7) ELECTRONICA, John Brierley (4) UNO and Peter Baldwin (1) UNO.
Well done to all and thanks once again to Bernie for starting and finishing the fleet.
- Graham Elliot 09 electronica 13pts 7 wins
- John Brierley 84 uno 21pts 4 wins
- Peter Baldwin 63 uno 23pts 1win
- Martin Roberts 33 pocket rocket 41pts
- Neil westbrook 03 uno 50pts
- Alan Watkinson 23 pocket rocket 59pts
- Dave Williams 33 uno 64pts
- Charles Legg 26 uno 71pts
After 12 races