- A blustery day with plenty of incidents, 10 sailors optimistically rigged A+ for the first race, which was subsequently voided, because the score sheet had blown away! After Race 2, it was obvious a change down to A Rigs was needed, as the gusts increased. Then after Race 5 a further reduction to B Rig was the only sensible option.
Even so, several sailors suffered Mechanical , Electrical and Rig problems, with a total of 23 RTD’s across the days 8 races. The Top Marks proved to be a Snagging Ground for many, so we shortened the course for the last 3 races, but made them 2 laps apiece.
After racing, John Carlin donned the waders and discovered over 20 metres of fishing line wound round the top two marks – with a large Carp still unfortunately hooked! To cap it off – we recovered some domestic waste materials floating in the lake. Certainly a day to remember – though not necessarily for the best of reasons.
- John Carlin 11 7 pts
- Neil Westbrook 03 10 pts 2 x 1st
- Clive Warren 53 10 pts 1 x 1st
- Andrew Peter 19 16 pts 1 x 1st
- Jon Whitehead 770 16 pts
- Charles Legg 21 24 pts
- John Beech 80 30 pts
- Frans King 95 43 pts
- Richard Walker 39 55 pts
- Malcolm Harvey 1019 63 pts