There was a decent top suit breeze from the W/WNW almost straight down the lake again for this week, the last practice day before the RG65 Nationals next weekend, where 5 club members have entered (currently making up nearly 30% of the entries!).
Graham Elliott (Electronica) carried on his form from previous weeks, by winning all but one of the races before the break, a run that was interrupted only by Martin Roberts (Pocket Rocket). After the break, Brad Gibson helmed the Electronica for the remaining races, taking wins in 3 of the 5 races, losing out to John Brierley (Uno) for the other two. There were some very close finishes in a number of races, with the finish caller sometimes getting confused with a near ties between 84 and 184.
Meanwhile in the DF65 fleet of two boats, Andrew Peter took the day with 8 wins from Paul Hounslow with 3.
Thanks as usual to Bernie and Jack for running the racing. Next week will be the first of 3 consecutive Saturday’s of IOM Club racing.
- Graham Elliott/Brad Gibson 09 electronica 10pts 8 wins
- John Brierley 84 Uno 18pts 2 wins
- Peter Baldwin 63 Uno 28pts
- Martin Roberts 184 Pocket Rocket 38pts 1 win
- Neil Westbrook 03 Uno 41pts
- Dave Williams 33 Uno 48pts
- Alan Watkinson 23 Scurry 53pts
- Andrew Peter 19 10pts 8 wins
- Paul Hounslow 82 14pts 3 wins
After 11 races