A sunny day greeted the 8 IOM sailors for the 2nd Club Racing afternoon series race. Just in time for racing, the wind settled in from the NW but judging the shifts ensured all sailors were kept on their toes all afternoon.
Twelve races were held, with the boats coming of the water for a break at 14:45 so that the assembled members could observe the National one minute silence for the funeral of HRH Prince Philip at 15:00. With silence around the lake, only the gentle flapping of sails in the background, was to be our tribute to HRH, Patron of the MYA.
Racing was extremely close with all sailors showing towards the front of the fleet at some point. Martin, sailing a new Slimtel was to win 6 races, but the consistency of John gave him a narrow 1 point win. Third and only 1 point behind Martin was Bill. The scores do not do justice to how close the racing and in particular the finishes were.
Bernie and Jack, kept us all well organised and thanks, as usual, go to them enabling us all to have another great day on the water at Birkenhead.
- John Brierley Britpop 20 points (2 wins)
- Martin Roberts Slimtel 21 points. (6 wins)
- Bill Culshaw Britpop 22 points (2 wins)
- Graham Birkett Widget 41 points (2 wins)
- Tre Joinville Lintel 52 points (1x2nd)
- Alan Watkinson Britpop 52 points
- Andrew Peter V9 55 points
- Neil Westbrook Widget 56 points
12 races sailed. Photos courtesy of Dave Williams.