A rather cold and shifty easterly wind greeted the nine DF 65 racers today, and enabled a course using the full length of the lake to a windward mark at the clubhouse end.
As always racing was close, and was dominated initially by John Brierley who won races 2,3, and 4 but then had to leave for a work appointment. There were four race winners during the day, with Alan Watkinson steadily improving his “spare” boat to win by a point from Richard Walker who had tied on points with Andrew Potter but ended up ahead with two wins to Andrews one.
The fleet became slightly depleted as other sailors had to follow John due to commitments elsewhere, and as the breeze went progressively left and became even more shifty eight races was judged to be enough for the day.
- Alan Watkinson 373 14pts 2 wins
- Richard Walker 39 15pts 2 wins
- Andrew Potter 194 15pts 1 win
- Dave Williams 233 18pts
- John Brierley 84 27pts 3 wins, 4 races sailed
- Sally Collings 829 28pts, 6 races sailed
- Charles Legg 21 35pts, three 5ths
- John Beech 80 35pts
- Malcolm Harvey 1019 49pts