A great turnout of 17 Skippers showed on a rather cold, grey, and wet day.
Although there were some lulls, the choice of A rigs proved to be correct as there were some chunky gusts making for quite testing racing. The wind direction allowed OD Mike St Paer set a standard windward / leeward course using the full length of the lake – a relief after the last couple of weeks of S. Westerlies blowing over the houses.
Competition was keen right from the off, with five different winners for the first five races. Conditions led to a number of collisions but with no apparent damage.
Neil Westbrook ran out the eventual winner, with five firsts beating a consistent Peter Baldwin who was unlucky to be tagged more than once near the start.
- Neil Westbrook 03 14pts – 5 wins
- Peter Baldwin 63 22pts – 1 win
- Andrew Potter 94 31pts – 2 wins
- Alan Watkinson 373 35pts – 1 win
- Richard Robinson 901 37pts
- John Carlin 11 41pts
- Andrew Peter 919 51pts
- James Cameron 73 52pts
- Simon Bates 69 66pts
- Dave Williams 233 70pts (ahead on countback (one second))
- Paul Little 95 70pts
- Richard Walker 39 74pts
- Charles Legg 21 94 pts
- John Beech 80 96pts
- Sally Collings 829 110pts
- Paul Whalley 53 112pts
- Malcolm Harvey 1019 117pts