A fleet of 12 IOM’s were met by a solid top suit breeze down the middle from the clubhouse end. It was to be a day of nose diving, wind shifts and boy there were a lot them. Brad started the afternoon with 2 wins with Graham getting 2 seconds. Bills new tactical masterplan of sailing fast came to the fore with wins in race 3 and 4. Neil had his best with a second in race 4. Brad dominated the races either side of the break with 5 wins from the 7 sailed. Graham got a deserved win in race 8 with Andrea finding her recent form with a win in race 10. Peter was to win the final race with Dave Hollom showing good speed with a 2nd.
Although Brad was the clear winner, a discard score of 15 showed what a hard days sailing it was. Graham was my sailor of the day with 8 top 3 places sailing his Widget. Bill showed a much improved race series performance with 8 top 4’s.
A big thank you to Bernie who was working without his usual sidekick. Was it because of this he set a new PB in general recalls ? An early Fathers day visit from Vicky sorted that out.
- Brad Gibson 62 britpop 16pts 7 wins
- Graham Elliott 27 widget 28pts 1 win
- Bill Culshaw 21 britpop 32pts 2 wins
- Martin Roberts 22 A2 39pts
- Peter Balwin 63 Lintel MMX 40pts 1 win
- Andrea Roberts 122 Vanilla 47pts 1 wins
- Dave Hollom 186 Celestial Fix 65pts (1 x 4th)
- Neil Westbrook 03 widget 65pts
- Tre Joinville 94 lintel 77pts
- Alan Watkinson 23 britpop 86pts
- John Berry 123 Lintel MMX 105pts
- Charles Legg 23 rubix 110pts
After 12 races
Next event in the IOM series, is on Saturday 3rd July.