Another sunny and windy day (from the E or ENE) at Birkenhead for our latest social RG65 club race. All 7 boats opted to use there ‘B’ rigs with some big gusts arriving from some very strange directions at times. It was Brad Gibson that made the best start to the day, registering 3 wins in the first 3 races, unfortunately Graham Elliott had some early winch line problems so had to miss a few races to re-string.
After 6 races we had a quick break, this saw a slight drop in the wind and a few skippers opting to change rigs but the results did not change much with Brad Gibson dominating with 8 wins and 4 seconds.
A great days sailing with 12 races completed and all before 4.15pm and great to see John Brierley back on the water. Many thanks to Bernie yet again for starting, finishing and scoring on the day.
- Brad Gibson 9 Electronica 12pts 8 wins
- Graham Elliott 55 Argon 25pts 4wins
- John Brierley 84 Uno 29pts
- Peter Baldwin 63 Pocket Rocket 36pts
- Alan Watkinson 23 Scurry 46pts
- Neil Westbrook 03 Pocket Rocket 49pts
- Dave Williams 33 Pocket Rocket 58pts
After 12 races